2nd SuM4All Consortium Meeting/International Transport Forum Summit 2017
SuM4All took parts in a series of meetings at the 2017 International Transport Forum Summit, in addition to having the initiative's second consortium meeting.
Steering Committee Meeting (May 30)
- Discussed Global Partnership on Sustainable Transport's (GPST) efforts to develop an action plan for Sustainable Mobility - Ashgabat Program of Action on Sustainable Transport (APSAT).
- Agreement reached to fold APSAT effort under SuM4All.
2nd SuM4All Consortium Meeting
- Discussion of the first joint output under SuM4All - The Global Mobility Report (GMR).
- Consortium participants invited to send comments to the secretariat by June 8.
- Agreement that High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development offers a good platform to engage states on the topic.
Steering Committee Meeting (May 31)
- Agreement on timeline and process for finalizing GMR.
Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) on Sustainable Transport
- As the chair of the MDB Working Group, the Inter-American Development Bank agreed to be the voice of the MDBs in the SuM4All Steering Committee and manage the consultation process with other MDBs to elect a single voice.
- Discussed the Sustainable Transport MDB report and new instrument/tool developed by ITF, which will help countries in evaluating different policy options for meeting their respective Nationally Determined Contributions.